Easy Instant Pot Keto Friendly Pancake Bite Recipe
Whether you are an Instant Pot Beginner or a seasoned professional these Keto Pancake Bites are the recipe for you!
Pancakes are always delicious, but unless you have a large griddle it is almost impossible to cook them for an entire family. Unless everyone just eats the pancakes as they are hot of the stove, of course.
Since our entire family eats keto/ low carb including our toddler I needed a pancake recipe that I could have ready in a pinch. I also really wanted a pancake that would be easy for weeks when I need to rely on meal prepping.
These spiced pancake bites fit that bill!
Instant Pot Keto Pancake Bites
Have you ever made anything that resembled a baked good in your Instant pot?
I have never used my Instant Pot to make baked goods. Even prior to eating keto, it was never anything that occurred to me. I see people making cheesecakes all the time in their Instant Pot’s which prompted me to do a bit of research.
I was so happy to find some ideas and got right to work making a keto-friendly alternative. Nothing beats a simple instant pot breakfast!
The spice cake mix from Kawaii Treats and Eats was the perfect way to keep this keto bite-sized breakfast easy peasy, with a perfectly spiced flavor profile.
Save $$$ on your spice mix order with code BRILLIANTLYKETO
What you need for this recipe:
- Kawaii Treats and Eats Spice Cake Mix
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Instant pot silicone egg molds
You will also need a pressure cooker. I love my Instant Pot Duo Plus. We use it so often that it is an appliance that I keep accessible on my countertops.
These keto friendly pancake bites might as well be a 3 ingredient pancake!
- Our personal favorite is always a Keto-Friendly Maple Syrup. Yes, there are keto friendly pancake syrups readily available on the market.
- Keto Caramel Sauce would really elevate this breakfast, and could even transform these bites into an easy keto dessert.
- Jicama Apple Pie Filling on the side — or how about adding some into the pancake bites? This would be reminiscent of a keto friendly apple fritter for me! Just a softer less fried version, but equally delicious.
- Or, how about a homemade Sugar-Free Buttermilk Syrup?
- Kawaii Treats and Eats Spice Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp or less of Cinnamon (optional)
- Butter, or oil (for silicone molds ONLY)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Allow the whisked mixture to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- While you wait -- grease the silicone Instant Pot molds well with butter or a mild-flavored oil.
- After the 10 minutes has passed add 1 package of Kawaii Treats and Eats Spice Cake Mix and cinnamon to the wet ingredients
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until they are well combined.
- Add the keto spiced pancake batter to silicone molds.
- Fill each silicone mold evenly with batter. I used my food scale and a spoon to do this. Exact measurements are not necessary, but it will help the bites to be more even in size once cooked.
- When all of the pancake mixture has been evenly distributed like this: it is ready to be covered tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add 1-2 cups of water to the bottom of your instant pot.
- Insert metal rivet or cooking rack designed for an Instant Pot.
- Place the silicone molds directly on top of one another.
- Place Instant Pot Lid and close vent.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release on its own. Do not release the pressure. The pancake bites need to continue to cook while the pressure releases.
- Allow the pancake bites to cool slightly before removing the pancake bites from the molds.
- I like to use one of our plastic toddler knives to trace the pancake bite before trying to remove them from the mold. This helps me make sure that each bite comes out with ease.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and ENJOY! I promise it is hard to keep your hands off of these bite-sized breakfast treats.
For this recipe, I used Kawaii Treats and Eats Pancake Mix, but you can also use their delicious buttermilk pancake mix in this recipe.
Utilizing these high-quality keto-friendly mixes in my kitchen keeps things simple, and easy enough for my daughter to help.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 5gCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 3gSugar Alcohols: 5gProtein: 4g
brilliantlyketo.com offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from multiple online calculators. Although all attempts to provide accurate nutritional information have been made, these figures are only estimates as products and ingredients macros vary.